The Academic Board oversees the educational processes involved in designing, delivering and assessing ISN courses.
The Academic Board is delegated the powers and authorities to carry out the following functions:
- approve new courses and changes to existing courses consistent with registration and accreditation requirements;
- monitor and approve student results and scholarships;
- oversee and monitor the academic quality of programs and courses;
- initiate academic reviews and improvements;
- develop, approve and implement academic policies and procedures; and
- report to the College Council consistent with the objects and purposes of ISN and its colleges.
The Academic Board reports to the College Council.
The Board consists of:
- the Director of ISN;
- the Head of Psychology;
- the President;
- one Academic staff representative to be elected by Academic staff; and
- a minimum of three independent members, two of whom must have experience in academic governance and one with experience in corporate governance.
The Chairperson of the Academic Board is an external appointee of high academic standing and appropriate experience.
Frequency of Meetings
The Academic Board meets four (4) times per year on a date and time according to a pre-established schedule.
- Learning and Teaching Committee
- Research and Scholarship Committee
- Course Progress Assessment Review Committee
A quorum for a meeting of the Academic Board is five (5) members, provided that at least one (1) independent member is physically present
In addition to Professor Tony Paolini, Dr Penman, Dr Linda Byrne, and Ms Kelly Humphreys mentioned above, the board comprises: