Bachelor of Psychological Science (Hons) – BPsychSci(Hons)
(4th year Honours Degree)
The Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) is an AQF level 8 qualification and the 4th year or honours year of a psychology qualification. Prospective students are invited to apply for the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours).
The Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) is offered face-to-face at ISN Psychology’s Ivanhoe campus in Melbourne, Victoria. The degree is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC).
Graduates of the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) are prepared for work in a number of settings through research, psychiatric hospitals, special schools, government, not-for-profit organisations, human resource management, market research and guidance or counselling for educational, vocational or personal problems.
Graduates of the honours program are eligible to apply for associate membership with the Australian Psychological Society (APS). In Australia, it is a requirement to complete two years supervised psychological practice after fourth year. This can be achieved through completion of a two-year professional master program or 5+1 program in psychology.
ISN Psychology offers a Master of Psychology (Clinical) for eligible students
- Prospective students that have completed a three year, APAC accredited, undergraduate degree in Psychology within the last 10 years are eligible to apply for a place in the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) at ISN Psychology.
- A minimum credit average (60-69%) must be attained in 2nd and 3rd year psychology units of an APAC accredited psychology degree for eligibility of entry to a Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours).
- In addition to submission of an application form, applicants with a credit average of 60-65% will be required to attend an interview as part of the application process.
- Domestic students with Australian citizenship or Permanent Residency rights can apply. ISN cannot currently accept applications for international students.
ISN Tuition Fees
- ISN Psychology is now a FEE HELP approved provider.
- Tuition Fees are payable upfront or through FEE HELP for eligible students.
Schedule of FEE HELP/ Upfront Tuition Fees – 2019
Name of Course: Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours)
Training Package Code: BPsychSci(Hons)
Delivery Location(s): Heidelberg campus
Delivery Mode(s): On-site
|Unit of Study||Unit Code||Commence date||Census date||Completion date||EFTSL||TUITION FEES|
|Full fee-paying (FFP)||Government subsidised student (GSS)|
|Semester 1: Lifespan Development and Psychopathology||ISN401||4 Mar||29 Mar||28 Jun||0.125||$3,000.00||N/A|
|Semester 1 or 2: Psychological Assessment||ISN402||4 Mar||29 Mar||28 Jun||0.125||$3,000.00||N/A|
|Semester 1 or 2: Research Methods||ISN403||4 Mar||29 Mar||28 Jun||0.125||$3,000.00||N/A|
|Semester 1 or 2: Research Thesis 1||ISN404||4 Mar||29 Mar||28 Jun||0.125||$3,000.00||N/A|
|Semester 2: Contemporary Professional Psychology||ISN411||29 Jul||30 Aug||22 Nov||0.125||$3,000.00||N/A|
|Semester 1 or 2: Research Thesis 2||ISN412||29 Jul||30 Aug||22 Nov||0.375||$9,000.00||N/A|
- The Honours year consists of one year full-time, or the part-time equivalent study.
- The course structure is based on two full-time semesters (each of 12 weeks’ duration).
- The degree comprises of six core units of which two will focus on the completion of a major research project/thesis. All students will present their final research project at a conference facility.
- For more information about the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) course structure please see our Honours Handbook and the course sequence and unit outlines below.
For more information and instructions on how to apply, follow this link to our application page – Applications
We offer the following combined sequence degree as a Full-Time degree only:
Special entry requirements apply for entry into this degree sequence and to maintain enrolment. In general students need to meet the relevant entry requirements stated above in addition to a high level of academic achievement and highly rated experience. Vocational and related psychological assessment will also form part of the evaluation process for entry into the sequence degree.
At ISN Psychology students can apply for entry into the sequence above. This allows for greater flexibility and an opportunity for eligible students, who continue to achieve at a high standard, to complete a full sequence of study towards registration outcomes.